My Picks For The 20 Fugliest Red Carpet Oscar Dresses Of All Time.



above: Sally Kirkland never fails to wear some sort of monstrosity to the Oscars

As I watch today's Red Carpet for the 85th Oscars, I've decided I have to share with you the absolute most hideous dresses from the past - in no particular order. Several sites and blogs feature the ugliest dresses ever worn to the Oscars, but, as is typical, I disagree with many of them. So, I've decided to post my own pics of what I feel are the 20 most hideous frocks ever worn to the Academy Awards.

View at your own risk.

Barbra Streisand:


Helena Bonham Carter:


Bjork:


Kim Basinger:


Demi Moore:


Celine Dion:


Cher:


Faye Dunaway:


Geena Davis:


Lara Flynn Boyle:


Charlize Theron:


Gwyneth Paltrow:


Jennifer Connnelly:


Kate Hudson:


Melanie Griffith:


Sophia Loren:


Uma Thurman:


Whoopie Goldberg:


Florence Welch:


You don't see many dresses this ugly anymore, especially on the likes of big celebs who, after making the worst-dressed list for that year, wised up and hired stylists. Demi Moore and Kim Basinger (both of whom designed the dresses you see them wearing here) never made as bad a fashion faux pas again.

During tonight's Oscar's broadcast, I'm expecting the ugliest visual offenses to be Botox injections and plastic surgery.